Makes 16 Servings
- One 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed very well
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil (i dont use canola oil so used sunflower)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
2. Place the black beans in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs, oil, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, peppermint extract as desired, baking powder, and salt and process until smooth. Add ¼ cup of the chips and pulse a few times until the chips are incorporated.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top with a rubber spatula, and sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips.
4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan before slicing into 2-inch squares.