- One kilogram of trimmed and cut in half chicken thigh fillets
- 120 grams of Thai red curry paste
- One cup of chicken stock
- One and a half teaspoons of vegetable oil
- 150 grams of halved fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 230 grams of sliced bamboo shoots
- One tablespoon of brown sugar
- 140 ml of coconut milk
- 1/3 cup of basil leaves
- Steamed jasmine rice
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan using medium high heat. Cook the chicken in batches for about 1 to 2 minutes until each side turns golden. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Reduce heat on frying pan to low. Add the rest of the oil into a pan. Add curry paste and cook while stirring for about two minutes until an aroma is released. Add stock then stir until the curry paste dissolves. Add the bamboo shoots and mushroom. Pour the mixture over the chicken and stir.
- Cover and cook on high for 3.5 hours. Use a jug to combine sugar, coconut milk and fish sauce. Stir the mixture into curry. Cover and let it cook for 30 minutes on high.
- Stir the food in basil and spoon over rice.
20 February 2012
Slow Cooker Thai Red Chicken Curry